Update: The winner (according to random.org) izzzzz…. #2 Sarah!
Congratulations, you’ll absolutely love this book. Email me to claim your loot!
It’s that time of year again… when I shamelessly say, “vote for me!” But it worked last year so I’m doing it again. The 2011 Bloggies are here, the biggest blog awards for which I made the list last year.
At the same time, I’m going to share a lovely book with you and give a copy away as a reward for all of your support. The book is something that I’ve been wanting to share for quite some time. It is called “One Big Table: 600 recipes from the nation’s best home cooks, farmers, fishermen, pit-masters, and chefs” by Molly O’Neill. This is a similar idea to my book “Food Heroes,” except it was done on a much grander scale. Molly spent a decade, traveling across the United States gathering recipes and food stories. It is a very massive book, and one that you will enjoy going back to over and over again. It is fair to call it a collectors item. The photos and stories on each page will inspire you. And the recipes will too — from fried chicken from two nice ladies in Cape May, New Jersey to sticky toffee pudding from a lady in Maine. It is all so heartwarming, and that is what we need right now in this world.
Here is how to vote:
1. Vote here: http://2011.bloggi.es/
2. Enter: Georgia Pellegrini under Name and http://www.georgiapellegrini.com under URL.
3. Nominate in these 3 categories: Best Food Blog, Best Designed Weblog, Weblog of the Year.
4. You’ll have to enter 2 other blogs in order to complete the ballot. If you don’t have favorites, check out my blog role to the right for some ideas.
5. Once you’ve done that, leave a comment below telling me you have and you’re automatically entered to win Molly’s book.
6. If you forward this to 5 friends and ask them to vote, you can leave a second comment telling me you have and double your chances of winning!
Contest ends on 1/16, at 11:59 pm PST, the last day that you can vote.
Thanks so much for your support. It is what gets me going every day!