Enter your email address:

“Because I Love Ya” (Winners Announced!)

Update:
I am awestruck by your beautiful answers. They made me laugh, that made me cry, and most importantly they reminded me of the beauty of humanity. If you are looking for inspiration I recommend reading the answers to my contest question below in the comments, they will bring you joy.

In no particular order, the 10 winners are:

Julie Edwards: “I am totes in love with my beagle. She is the best thing that ever happened to me…(well, not really but I like to think so). We go together like peas and carrots. Her name is Cocoa Beans. I named her beans originally but my dad added the cocoa so when we let her loose to chase rabbits in the bean field behind our house he wouldn’t look so funny yelling for “Beans” to come back.”

Terri McInturff: “What I love most today is having an 84 year old Momma, who still goes hunting and I get to go with her and share in those precious memories. I am sooooo blessed. Would love your book.”

M Westgate: “As a positive person, I love most things in the life I have; however, in the spirit of Valentine’s Day I will say I love my husband the most. My husband Ken is the type of man that legends are made of, he is good looking, but most of all he is a man of honor, commitment, he stands up for him self and sets the same standard for his friends and loved ones. He is caring and loving when it is time; but, he is also the type of man that will tell you the truth no matter what. He is my hunting partner, gardening supporter, and even canning helper in the kitchen. Some of my best memories of life are in the woods with him. Do not believe I am so blind by love to not see faults; everyone has them, including Ken, but as most relationships you build a foundation that grows and working through the hard times makes the future that much sweeter. This is similar to cooking, not every recipe goes well the first time you try it, sometimes the bad batches make the one you get correct that much better.”

Jon Brierton: “… every morning, upon awakening : “another chance”…”

Julia Knudsen: “My new Muck Boots that keep my feet dry when I am feeding the chickens, taking out the compost and most importantly splashing in puddles with my two girls!”

Chris Havard: “What I love most is waking up every morning next to my wonderful sleeping wife. Getting out of bed, going to my son’s room and watch while he sleeps. At that very moment everything is right in my world.”

Dominic: “I love my daughters & although they are not old enough to read I’d like to one day introduce them to your book and say “you only have to live within the boundaries you set for yourself, you really can do anything”

Liz Clark: “Ponies, and baby goats!”

Duane Cartledge: “I love my wife, who is also the best Friend I have ever had! She is “The Girl of my dreams” and “Love of my Life” ! I can’t even imagine life without her. We will be married 25 years on 10/01/13.”

Jeffery: “I love that I am not homeless, which I was for a while last year (and it was worse than I ever could have imagined). Life can be hard, but it can get better, too.”

**************************************************************************************

…because of that very true fact, I’m giving away 10, ten, TEN, 10! copies of the new paperback edition of my book “Girl Hunter.”

It is my Valentines card to you, lovely readers.

To Enter:

To enter, tell us in the comments what you love most in life at this particular moment. Is it fritos? Your new Essie nail polish color “Cabana Boy”? (That’s mine). The devilishly handsome milk man? (Okay, fine, milk men are gone, but shouldn’t we bring them back? I for one would like a milk man. Long live milk men!). The color taupe?

One entry per person, please.

Winners announced Friday!

XO.

Pin It

Comments

1. I am loving my brand new cast iron skillet – - silly, I know, but can’t help thinking it’s going to be something I treasure for years to come!

2. Sally Jeppson says:

Conquering winter by Snowshoeing on windswept North Dakota coteau with my best buddy golden retrievers – Rascal and Rooster. Despite the fact that its not hunting season we still find Treasures!

3. Strangely enough, my favorite thing right now is my pedicure color “My Private Cabana.” Not sure how alike or different that is to Cabana Boy. Would love a copy of your book as I had to give it back to the library after reading. I wanted to steal it but was good.

4. My niece Zoe. She’s four months old and hands down my favorite person in the world.

• Jeff Donovan says:

I just bought some ghee this weekend. I should have bought more. Everything tastes better cooked in butter

5. Brad KleinSmid says:

I just finished my trailer mounted smoker and named her Baby. And, she is a love…
    I don’t think she has had time to cool down in a week or more.

6. Mary Beth Whitaker says:

My awesome husband and daughter. They are amazing!

7. My 7 beautiful children….they are my joy!

• Gabrielle says:

7 CHILDREN???? You deserve a copy of the book to give to someone else so they can cook for you!! God Bless you!!

8. My new Muck Boots that keep my feet dry when I am feeding the chickens, taking out the compost and most importantly splashing in puddles with my two girls!

9. J'lene R Bellew says:

Ice fishing with my adorable puppy and my boyfriend while sipping hot coffee and cooking homemade chili on the camp chef.

10. Alexandra Hernandez says:

What I love most in life right now is witnessing a love one come to the realization that he has a spine! He stood up for himself yesterday, and it was magnificiant! He has arrived!

11. jon brierton says:

… every morning, upon awakening : “another chance”…

12. James Elsing says:

Refreshing Spring sun, longer days, and anticipation of Spring tukey season with old friends. Thanks.

13. Hmmm. I guess I’d have to say I’m loving running on the treadmill right now!

14. Janna Webber says:

Tennis!! Tennis with my husband – even better!! Tennis with my kids – heaven, except when my daughter argues that my son stole her ball – well, nothing’s perfect!! I love that I’ve been able to find something that we all enjoy and that keeps us healthy and active. I sometimes think I wish I wasn’t the worst player in the family (my daughter’s only 7 so she doesn’t count), but then I think – no, I’m glad my husband and my son are so good – and I look forward to my daughter being better than me soon as well!! So, you asked for it – there it is – Tennis!!

15. Spending time at our ranch watching the hawks soar above, an own swoop down on prey in the field, the turkeys strutting through the pasture and the deer, well hunting the deer.

16. The things that I love the most right now are 1) my wife and 2) my dogs. I also relly enjoy the fact that I have 2 pheasant hunts coming up!

17. Old guitars and well-worn picks.

The Vernonia on your right and the Scirpus to your left aint bad either.

18. Bob’s Red Mill Products! And my kids, always my kids!

19. I love knowing there is more out there to explore… like bee keeping and soap making… and beet pickling… and heirloom bean eating! Holy buckets!

20. Crystal Lowry says:

I finally tried yoga and am loving it. I love the way it makes me feel.

21. I love my Moon Sheep, a.k.a. Alpaca! McClain is a dirty Moon Sheep with an awkward presence in this world. He likes the rain, doesn’t care much for apples, and makes me earn the chance to pet him. I may not always know where he is, but he ALWAYS knows where I am!

22. Love the thought of being your new milk man .What aroma coming from your kitchen would I find every morning ! A guy can dream ?

23. Kesley Secrist says:

my family. they are always there to support me at my basketball games and other events. i just love spending time with them.

24. I am loving the sun! I live in a mountain town in Montana and we are in a valley, so winters mean inversions. Sometimes we don’t see the sun for a week. it has shone for the past two days! I love you sunshine!!!

25. M Westgate says:

26. Urban Wife says:

I’m loving Meyer lemons right now!

27. slutbuttons says:

Reservations at Arzak, Mugaritz and Akelere + farm/fishing tours in the Basque where we will roast sweet, sweet farm animals and crustaceans!

28. Right now I love the blueprints for my beach cottage with the main focus on my open kitchen and the view of the bay.

29. Jarrett Williams says:

Watching hunting shows with my daughter. She is not quite 2.5 years old yet and likes to point out the deer, ducks, turkeys, bears and fish the she sees on tv and many other places we go.

30. Joe Boyer says:

My three granddaughters! Hoping someday they may want to hunt and fish with me!

31. My favorite thing right now is a good nap beneath a down comforter. Can’t seem to get them often enough!

32. What I love most in life right now is where my life is headed.

33. The oven in my college dorm that allows me to bake all the goodies I want from scratch!

34. Scott Richter says:

My body, but not for the reason you may think!

Yes, it’s more than a little beat up, more from miles than from years. It is not adorned with a handsome face, and is a little thicker around the middle than it should be. But, it looks forward to Mondays so it can get up and go to a good job, a job that takes care of a great stay at home wife, and two terrific kids. I love that I can take care of my crazy little family.

35. retirement, sitting on patio watching the pelicans, white ibis, great egret and ducks on the resaca in texas.

36. My favorite thing right this second is a pedicure after a stressful week of being a stay at home mom to a baby learning to walk on his own!

37. i am loving many things right now… zoya’s new pixiedust nail polish in vespa is pretty crush worthy!! as is starbucks’ new vanilla spice anything. basically i just want a jar of spiced sugar!!

38. roland hemond says:

the most loved things in my life,my wife and son followed by family and friends,who i thank and love the creater for.then my loves are hunting ,fishing,and the great outdoors.

39. Raechelle Thomas says:

I absolutely love that I had the most awesome massage today that has made my aching hip finally feel well again!

40. I’ve been thinking about this question probably way too hard for the last ten minutes. Other than my family, I’m loving Downton Abbey and the Keurig my boyfriend got me for Christmas. Not too exciting, but it’s the little things, right? :)

41. well, at this moment. its about 11pm here in southern california and i’m about to wrap up my day, sittin here being lazy on the couch surrounded by my four beautiful, lazy, sleeping queensland healers. got a fire going and watchin stupid movies because there isnt any thing good on tv. so at this moment what do i love most in life, the soft fur of a dog under my left hand, my feet propped up on the Coffey table, the smell of the fireplace and knowing that in about 5 minutes im going to crawl into bed and have a wonderful night sleep! Good night every one and God bless!

42. I’m loving watching the new bird feeders and the bluebirds checking out the new house our daughter gave hubby for his 80th birthday.

43. Gabrielle says:

People in my Life…….’cause it’s never about stuff…it’s always about those who surround you, share with you, and support you.

44. Pierre Desjardins says:

Got up today to go to work, at 4am and saw the rising of the moon over Montreal at -19C. It was gigantic, just above the buildings. Such a vision reminds me of the beauty of nature that never ceases to amaze me.

45. Coffee!!

46. I love my Eagle Claw Featherlight 3/4 wt. fly rod so much it hurts.

47. I love that at the end of a long work day there is still light.

48. Nancy in Florida says:

Nice warm weather and a walk on the beach…

49. At this time of my life I am most in awe and in LOVE with my two little Grandsons.

Grandpa hopes to teach them to hunt someday. I raised three daughters so having the boys in our life is very different. Boy oh boy are they different from girls !

50. nikki maceachern says:

I’m loving that we have a huge snowstorm coming to Nova Scotia this weekend and I’m off all weekend!

I’m planning to spend the whole weekend cozied at home with my fella and the dogs, cooking up a storm with my fab new hair do and fresh nails! In Essie’s Snap Happy I might add ;)