Happy Wednesday guys and gals. I’m excited to share Grandma Pellegrini’s meatloaf recipe with you. Make it with your favorite meat, it’ll knock your socks off.
I also have a special surprise for you in today’s video, so be sure to watch until the end… (did somebody say free wine? Get it HERE.)
PLEASE NOTE: To watch a crisp, clean HD version of this video, press play, then click on the wheel icon on the lower right and select 720HD.
Also try: ground wild game, turkey, beef, veal and pork
- 1 carrot
- 1 large onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 cups button mushrooms (one standard package)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ½ pounds ground bison
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons Marsala wine
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup tomato puree
- ½ cup parsley
- ½ cup basil
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Blend the carrot, onion, celery and mushrooms in a food processor until fine but not pureed.
- Heat the oil and sauté the mixture until softened, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with salt along the way to help release the juices.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine the vegetables with the rest of the ingredients.
- Form the mixture into a loaf and put on a baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F for 30 minutes more. Let cool slightly, then cut into thick slices and serve.