There are a few things a woman needs to stay comfortable in her outdoor adventures. Here is what I have added to my list from experience over the years which I hope will help you, whether you’re just dipping your toe into the water or are seasoned and fearless.
1. Drink lots of water. By the time you’re thirsty you’re already dehydrated so have a water bottle with you always. Sure you may have to take extra bathroom breaks but you’re worth it.
2. Wear super moisturizing lip balm. This one is my favorite because it creates a protective shield that lasts a really long time.
4. Have a bottle of hand moisturizer in your pocket. You’ll be amazed at how quickly your hands dry out, especially at high altitudes and cold temperatures. I like this one.
5. I read about this nail base coat once and I have been in love ever since. I get a lot of dirt under my fingernails and this isn’t a nail polish as much as it is a strengthening coat that isn’t flashy but makes them strong and gives them a natural buffed look.
6. I was driving along once in a car with someone and my hair was flying everywhere and as I tried to tame it he said… “let it all go.” That stuck with me… it’s important to feel our hair go wild in the wind sometimes. So if you do throw your hair up, do it in a loose look, you don’t want to be too constricted.
7. Choose clothes that don’t wrinkle easily, feel feminine, and allow you to move around. See my tips on “10 Things for Women to Wear in the Outdoors.”
8. Eye drops. I never leave home without them. These ones make you have the brightest white eyes you’ve ever seen. And they’re nice n’ minty feeling for when you want to wake up a bit.
9. Wet wipes will be your best friend when you want to get rid of the blood on your hands. Or the dirt. Either way 😉
10. Smile and breath deeply. There’s nothing that annoys me more than when people tell me to smile, so let me explain: there is something about breathing in deeply and smiling when you’re in nature. It gives you perspective and reminds you how to keep your joy. It makes you feel beautiful on the inside, and that is what matters.
If you have any must-haves that you take with you in your adventures, share them with us in the comments!