A girlfriend of mine recently came over with a few simple ingredients for us to make some sweet treats for ourselves. They were so delicious and easy and so I thought I’d share because they would make a perfect homemade gift for your Valentine. Dark Chocolate Salted Almonds! The perfect blend of sweetness with a crunchy and salty bite.
With only three ingredients, I don’t know how much easier this recipe could get. Pick up your favorite brand of dark chocolate (and try not to eat all of it before you use it here!), some coarse sea salt, and raw almonds.
You can make these in two varieties: single almonds or giant clusters. Melt the dark chocolate either in a microwavable bowl or temper it in a double boiler.
From there, simply spoon the melted chocolate over the almonds, making sure you get all the nuts to stick together. Also, the more chocolate the better!
Then, sprinkle a little bit of the sea salt over the melted chocolate. Not only does the salt add to the flavor, it makes this treat look pretty too.
Let the chocolate cool and voila! You have the perfect sweet and salty snack. If you want to speed the cooling process up, transfer the clusters onto a sheet tray and place it in the refrigerator or freezer.
Try these this week and pass them out to all of those that you love.
- Raw Almonds
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Dark Chocolate
- Lay wax paper down onto a sheet pan.
- Spread the almonds out onto the pan in either large clusters or individual pieces.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a microwaveable bowl or in a double boiler.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the chocolate over the almond pieces until they are covered.
- Sprinkle a pinch of the sea salt over the melted chocolate.
- Let the chocolate cool until firm or transfer the sheet tray to the refrigerator or freezer to speed up the cooling process.