When we sat down with Sarah for Ann Potter Baking to decorate cookies, we were lucky enough to convince her to give us her Legendary Icing Recipe, which is the key to all of her beautiful cookies. We won’t beat around the bush here, so without further ado here is Ann Potter Baking’s Legendary Icing Recipe.
We could seriously watch her decorate cookies for hours on end.
Her cookies are true works of art. Be sure to follow her on Instagram, warning you may end up spending hours in a cookie trance.
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup meringue powder
- 3/4 cup water
- Mix powdered sugar and meringue powder together in mixer on low.
- Add water and slowly start to mix.
- Once incorporated, increase mixer speed to medium/ high and mix for 2 minutes until white, opaque and slightly fluffy.
- Icing is ready to use!
- To make flood icing, you can thin with a teaspoon of water at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Icing can be stored in an air tight container for up to 7 days.