“I just found the best bundt cake recipe in the entire United States,” so said my grandmother as she handed me a piece… she tends to modify recipes often, adding a bit of this and that along the way. Some yogurt here, some honey there. So you’re never quite sure how it got to be so spectacular… something in her kitchen air. I thought I’d share grandma’s bundt cake recipe for you to enjoy, what do you say?
Grandma’s Bundt Cake:
The little bundt cake holes can be filled with flowers… which she likes to do.
She also likes to read about cider… and other wild edible things.
And she likes to take pictures. Did I mention she’s a photographer?
“Grandma’s Bundt Cake”
- 2 cups ground hazelnuts
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 8 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter three small bundt pans (or one large bundt pan - see note) and set aside.
- Blend all of the ingredients in a food processor until the nuts are powdered. Add the eggs and blend again.
- Pour into the prepared pans, place in the oven on the middle rack and bake for 30 - 35 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and cool to room temperature.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, slather with frosting, leave it be... whatever you please.