I recently received an email from Grandma Pellegrini. Yes, she does email now, she has a gmail account, and most recently a Facebook account, and is quite good at it. She is also good at ordering interesting things on amazon. Mostly cooking equipment. Just the other day I walked into her kitchen and a new ice cream maker was buzzing, churning some terra cotta colored apricot ice cream which had a spectacular tang. Since her bundt cake was so popular several months ago, I thought you’d like this recipe as well… this is what it said:
“I have been working on the spinach dip and really like the final results; see what you think.
“Grandma’s Spinach Dip”
- 1/4 cup cut up scallions
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 4 or 5 basil leaves
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Pinch of green Stevia powder 1/8 tsp was too sweet
- 2/3 cp olive oil
- 4 Tbs vinegar or lemon juice or both
- Pulp from 1 small avocado optional
- Blend together in food processor everything except avocado 'til very smooth;
- Add avocado and blend only 'til well incorporated.
texture." "I get green Stevia powder at Organica (bulk)." "I have so much green dip now I'm freezing some and taking some to church
for coffee hour. I making little tea sandwiches for lunch now on my
rosemary-cheese bread ."
So to all you lovely cooks out there… tell us what you think… I love it. But then again, I love most green things.