I’m super excited to announce… The Bacon Adventure Weekend
Open to just 6 people, this once in a lifetime exclusive cooking and outdoor adventure will take place in the heart of where I wrote Girl Hunter, at a privately owned 3,000 acre nature preserve along one of the most soulful parts of the Mississippi River. Meet The Commish, Roger Mancini, and all of the other colorful characters, hunt, cook, learn to make bacon and sausage from scratch, and experience a part of the Delta region that inspired Faulkner, B.B. King and other legends of the South.
The When & The Where:
The weekend will take place on November 29th – December 2nd, 2012 at a private 3,000 acre nature preserve in the Arkansas Delta, along the Mississippi River, that has never before been opened to the public.
- A private hunting trip with me and Freddie Black, the former Commissioner of Fish & Game from the state of Arkansas
- Deer and Wild Hog hunting each day in groups when not on the hunt with me and Freddie
- Bacon making class
- Sausage making class
- Butchering class
- 3 nights and 4 days accommodations at the private camp, the interior of which has been paneled with the colorful wooden siding of abandoned homes from throughout the Delta region
- Tasty wild-game and locally inspired meals from Thursday evening through Sunday afternoon
- Scenic ATV ride through the preserve to see the Mississippi River and all of the wildlife in the woods, swamps, and lakes
- Cigars, Scotch, fine wine and roaring campfire
Here is what recent Weekend attendees said:
“The weekend was an amazing way to bond with friends both old and new. There is nothing like exploring new things (shooting a gun was new for me) alongside a group of fabulous women cheering you on! I could use another weekend away like this soon…did I mention the gourmet food, splendid lodging, giggles and late night fire pit s’mores party??!!” ~ Marla, Orange County, CA
“I had such a great time on the ranch. Georgia knows how to put together an unforgettable outdoor getaway. The weekend was full of new experiences, amazing food and good friends… And I can’t wait to see the adventures she shares next.” ~ Angie, Atlanta, GA
Who Should Apply:
- The weekend is open to people with all experience levels, from newbies to seasoned veterans of the outdoors. It’s a great opportunity to come solo and meet new people, for a couples getaway, a girl trip or a man trip.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must be joined by a guardian
For more details on the cost of the event, visit the Eventbrite Page.
To apply to be one of the six, fill out This Survey.
Hope to meet you soon!