Do you ever have scraps of meat that you’re not sure what to do with? Save your scraps in the freezer and then grind them up or chop them well and use them as a delicious pizza topping. This pizza dough recipe is great to make in advance and store it in the freezer in plastic bags. Then when you’re having a busy day like I am lately, you can whip up a quick and delicious pizza with whatever is in your fridge.
To see a step by step on the pizza dough, visit this post.
Then preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and roll out your dough on a floured surface.
Then get your toppings going… tomato sauce perhaps?
Bison! Ground is best. Or your other favorite meat. Venison would be great too. Venison pizza. Yes.
Cheese. Cheese. Cheese.
Fresh herbs. They’re essential.
And a little jalapeno for kick.
Red onions for some flavor.
It’s so quick and easy. And crispy. And… oh I need to go make a pizza now. Bye.
Oh wait, here’s the recipe for ya:
p.s. What’s your favorite kind of pizza or topping?
- 1 recipe for thin crust pizza dough
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 4 cups mozarella cheese
- 1 pound ground bison
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 jalapenos thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Roll the dough out onto a well floured surface and place it on a pizza stone or well oiled sheet tray.
- Spread the pizza with the tomato sauce followed by the remaining ingredients. Or experiment with your favorite toppings.
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 400 degrees F for about 20 minutes more.