Since y’all love my last fruit leather post so much, I thought I’d make another one for you that is in season!
Here goes, get your pumpkins ready.
Here’s what you will need: one 15-oz can of pumpkin, canned coconut milk, unsweetened applesauce, honey, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground black pepper, nutmeg, and coconut oil.
nutmeg and cloves.
Just like this!
Blend the mixture until supah smooth.
Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice for some “brightness.”
Pour your leather mixture onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
Bake in an oven preheated at 170 degrees F for about 6-8 hours on a convection setting. If you don’t have a convection setting it will take longer. If your oven temperature won’t go as low as 170 degrees F then set it as low as it will go and prop the oven door open slightly.
Allow leather to cool completely before cutting into strips.
Brush your leather with a bit of corn starch to keep it from sticking.
You can either roll the strips like so, or…
Put ’em in a box and share them with friends!
You’ll love this one guys + gals, ’tis the season to celebrate pumpkin!
“Pumpkin Pie Roll-Ups”
- 1 15- oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees F on convection setting if you have it. If your oven temperature doesn't go that low, set it at the lowest temperature and prop the door open slightly.
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a blender, except the lemon juice and cornstarch.
- Puree on high until smooth.
- Add the lemon juice and puree for a few more seconds.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment and brushed with coconut oil.
- Spread on in an even layer about 1/8-inch thick and place in the oven.
- Dehydrate for 6-8 hours if on a convection setting, or up to 12 hours without it. The leather should be uniform in texture and color and lift in one piece from the sheet tray.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Dust with corn starch and cut into strips along with the parchment and roll it. Tie with twine and store in a cool dark place.