One of my favorite parts of touring for speaking engagements and book signings is that I go to some wonderful cities where I’ve met so many of you wonderful people. There have been fancy gift bags, fancy food and drink, Q&A’s where we chatted, a lot of colorful sharpies that I used to draw in your books and… demos on how to make this fabulous homemade beet juice tinted lip gloss from my book “Modern Pioneering.” Here is what it looks like to make Homemade Red Beet Tinted Lip Gloss. I want you to make it at home this weekend for yourself, because you deserve it! For more Modern Pioneering tips, subscribe to my YouTube series for free.
Homemade Red Beet Tinted Lip Gloss:
Here is a printable recipe for you to make it at home. For more #ModernPioneering recipes, projects and skills, subscribe to my YouTube series for free.
Homemade Red Beet Tinted Lip Gloss
- 2 tablespoons shea butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons beeswax pastilles or shaved from a block
- 1-2 drops essential oils (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon beet juice (optional)
- Combine the shea butter, coconut oil, and vitamin E, in a small mason jar and set in a saucepan with 2-inches of simmering water. Stir until melted.
- Remove from pot with an oven mitt and set on counter. Add optional essential oils and beet juice here and stir.
- Pour the mixture into lip gloss containers.
- Let cool at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- Use within 3 weeks.