This holiday season may look a little different, but I’ve been finding ways to carve out new traditions and ignite the peace and joy that this season is about. One of those new traditions for me is finding magic in the Sullivan Catskills of New York at Peace, Love & Lights— the winter holiday light show at Bethel Woods being presented by the Sullivan Catskills Visitors Association.
Peace, Love & Lights is this season’s best and brightest socially-distant activity to enjoy with family and friends. From the week of Thanksgiving until just after New Year’s Day, you can experience the Bethel Woods grounds from the comfort of your car: just turn off your headlights and follow the magical glow. There is nothing else quite like this holiday light event in the area.
Highlights from the event include:
- Over one mile of illuminated light display.
- Completely contact-free, enjoy the entire drive-thru show from the comfort of your car.
- A wonderful variety of lights including: a spectacular 120-foot Twinkle Tunnel and themed areas, including Groovy Way (taking you on a trip back to ’69 with custom displays), an Enchanted Forest highlighting our beautiful Sullivan Catskills, Snowflake Alley, Santa’s Workshop and so much more!
- Dinner with Santa! Santa Claus is coming to town… and your table! Enjoy a festive dinner featuring full-service food stations during dinner with Santa in the beautiful Event Gallery. Drop-in from 5pm – 8pm and take a selfie to make your Peace, Love & Lights experience even more memorable. Purchase your tickets here.
- Discounted Museum Admission: As a thank-you for attending Peace, Love & Lights, enjoy discounted admission to The Museum at Bethel Woods for just $5 per guest with valid light show ticket for that day! Begins at 3 PM.
- Live caroling from Sullivan County Dramatic Workshop on Saturdays, Dec. 12, 19, and 26 at 7:00 PM.
- Plus, enhance your drive with Santa Hats, Light-Up Necklaces, and a Treats & Sweets Snack Box – all available as add-ons when you check out!
The Holiday Hub:
The fun doesn’t end when your drive is over! Stop in for a Dinner with Santa or snuggle up by the fire to enjoy comfort food, a DIY s’mores kit, peppermint bark, holiday drinks, and more!
Plus, during Family Fridays in the Holiday Hub (Dec. 4, 11, 18 and Jan. 1 from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM), the Hub will come to life with scavenger hunts, live music, storytelling, a self-served photo op, and surprise visits from your favorite holiday characters.
Tickets are on sale now at Bethel Woods Center
- November 23, 2020 – January 3, 2021
- 5:00 – 10:00PM
- One carload, one price.
If you’re looking for an escape this winter, other holiday and winter events and packages are listed HERE.
How are you planning to carve out your own traditions this year? Tell me in the comments! And be sure to connect with me on Instagram for more holiday tips and inspiration.